Spirit of Idaho Photo Contest Rules (“Official Rules”)
1. No purchase necessary. Purchase will not increase the chances of winning. Enter by submitting an original photo showing your “Spirit of Idaho” at www.KIDK.com under the “Spirit of Idaho” tab. No reproduced photos will be permitted. Photos submitted must be entrant’s original work (i.e. you took the photo) or a photo you have permission to submit to the contest. Limited to one photo entry per person per day. All additional entries beyond the maximum allowed of 1 per person per day will result in disqualification for that day. Neither the sponsor nor any of its agencies are responsible for lost, damaged, corrupted, incomplete, or delayed entries. All materials submitted become the property of sponsor and will not be returned.
a) Participants enter to win by submitting their original photo and entire entry form at www.KIDK.com under the “Spirit of Idaho” tab sponsored by Tadd Jenkins Auto Group. The photos will be displayed on KIDK.com’s Spirit of Idaho page and the monthly winners will be decided by a website viewer poll. The photo with the most votes wins the monthly prize and will be entered to win the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize will also be decided by a final website viewer poll featuring all of the monthly winners. In the event of a tie in either a monthly selection or the Grand Prize selection, the winner will be selected at random, from a pool of the tied participants. Photo participants may only win one month during the annual contest.
b) By entering the conetst, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and any additional rules posted on the contest page. You further agree to be bound by the decisions of sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. You are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these Official Rules, and by entering, you agree to be bound to these Official Rules.
2. There will be 12 monthly winners, one per month during the duration of the contest. Weekly winners will be determined by the KIDK weather/news team for the month. The monthly winner decided by the website viewer poll, will receive a gift certificate for a Free Full Auto Detail valued at $250 to be redeemed at either Tadd Jenkins Chevrolet or Tadd Jenkins Ford Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. The grand prize winner will be decided by the photo with the most votes in final website viewer poll. One Grand Prize winner will be offered a 12-month lease of either a 2019 Ford Fusion SE or 2019 Chevrolet Cruze LT. Winner may select from these two lease options. The winner will be offered a the lease with either GM Financial or Ford Credit depending on the vehicle selected and Tadd Jenkins Auto Group will make the 12 monthly payments worth $4,429/Fusion or $4404/Cruze. The lease includes 10,000 miles per year. Each additional mile will be billed to the Winner at a rate of $0.25/mile. At the end of the 12-month period the winner may select to purchase the vehicle or return it to the applicable dealership. Any damage beyond usual wear and tear will be billed to and must be paid by Winner. Winner must qualify for a lease through either GM Financial or Ford Credit, based upon Winner’s approved credit. If Winner does not qualify for credit, Winner will not be eligible and the prize will be offered to the next highest vote getter. There are no odds of winning the contest because selection is based upon votes; except that odds of winning a tie break depend upon the number of eligible tied entries. Winners may not substitute or transfer prizes. Winners will be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release. Winners will be responsible for all taxes related to the prize, including income taxes as well as insurance. Winner must provide proof of insurance and is subject to the lease requirements as determined by either GM Financial or Ford Finance based on the selected vehicle.
3. The yearlong contest starts May 11, 2018 and ends April 19, 2019. A prize will be offered each month. One Grand Prize will be offered (Grand Prize Winner chooses one of two options). The Grand Prize Winner will be announced onMay 31st 2019 during the 10pm KIDK News broadcast. Monthly entry and voting deadlines are as follows:
- June: Entry begins May 22, 2018 at 8:00AM and ends __June 30__. Voting starts _July 1___ and ends at _July 7____.
- July: Entry begins July 8, 2018 at 8:00AM and ends __July 31__. Voting starts _August 1___ and ends at _August 7____.
- August: Entry begins August 8, 2018 at 8:00AM and ends __August 31__. Voting starts _Sept___ and ends at _Sept 7____.
- September: Entry begins Sept 8, 2018 at 8:00AM and ends __Sept 30__. Voting starts _Oct 1___ and ends at _Oct 7____.
- October: Entry begins Oct 8, 2018 at 8:00AM and ends __Oct 31__. Voting starts _Nov 1___ and ends at _Nov 7____.
- November: Entry begins Nov 8, 2018 at 8:00AM and ends __ Nov 30__. Voting starts _Dec 1___ and ends at _Dec 7____.
- December: Entry begins Dec 8, 2018 at 8:00AM and ends __Dec 31__. Voting starts _Jan 1, 2019___ and ends at _Jan 7____.
- January: Entry begins Jan 7, 2019 at 8:00AM and ends __Jan 31__. Voting starts _Feb 1___ and ends at _Feb 7____.
- February: Entry begins Feb 8, 2019 at 8:00AM and ends __Fed 28__. Voting starts _March 1___ and ends at _March 7____.
- March: Entry begins March 7, 2019 at 8:00AM and ends __March 31__. Voting starts _April 1___ and ends at _April 7____.
- April: Entry begins on April 7, 2019____ at 8:00AM and ends April 30, 2019 at 4:00pm. Voting starts _May 1___ and ends at May 7__.
Grand Prize Winner voting starts _May 8,019__ and ends at __May 15, 2019__.
Monthly Winner and Grand Prize Winner will be notified either by email or phone within __ days of selection. Winner must respond to notification, by contacting sponsor as provided in the notification within the time period described in the notification, or the Winner will be subject to disqualification, in which case the prize will be forfeited, and the next highest vote getter will be selected the alternate winner. Prize may be claimed as specified in notification from sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, or out-of-service contact information.
4. Contest is offered only to legal U.S. residents who are residents of Idaho and are 18 years of age or older with a valid driver's license [and valid proof of insurance], all at time of entry. Employees and immediate families of employees of sponsor, its or their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies are ineligible. This contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to federal, state and local regulation.
5. The name of the winner will be disclosed as provided by law. For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Tadd Jenkins Auto Group 409 Farnsworth Way Rigby, ID 83442.
6. Except as prohibited by applicable law, acceptance of prize offered constitutes permission to use winner's name, biographical information and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation in any and all media.
7. All entries are subject to the following intellectual property guidelines:
a) All entries must be your original work and must not infringe upon any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, or other right of any third party. You warrant that you have all rights to transmit and, to the extent necessary, transfer all rights in and to all material submitted. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or disqualify any entry that infringes or appears, in sponsor’s sole discretion, to infringe another party’s intellectual property rights.
b) You agree to indemnify the Contest Parties (defined below), and hold them harmless from any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising from the entry and/or your failure to comply with these Official Rules.
c) All entries shall be considered “work for hire” under the Copyright Act and shall be the exclusive property of NPG. To the extent necessary, you hereby further transfer all rights in the entry to sponsor and agree to execute and deliver to sponsor any additional documents sponsor desires to effectuate and confirm the same. Without limitation, sponsor shall have the exclusive right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, without obligation (except as specifically provided in these Official Rules), throughout the universe, and in perpetuity, to use, copy, print, display, reproduce, modify, publish, post, transmit and distribute the entry and any material included in the entry in, on, or through all media (including, without limitation, the Internet, television, radio, print, and mobile communications).
d) Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that fails to meet these intellectual property guidelines, appears to infringe another party’s intellectual property rights, or is lewd or indecent, or contains profanity or obscene or offensive images, expressions of hate or abuse, inappropriate content, or any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable law or regulations.
e) Sponsor reserves the right, after entry has been submitted, to review the submitted materials with the entry to verify that entry complies with these Official Rules. If entry does not comply, sponsor reserves the right to deem the entry not eligible and to disqualify the entry.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY: WINNER(S) AND ENTRANTS AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY TADD JENKINS AUTO GROUP, NPG OF IDAHO, INC., VISTAWEST/KIDK (THE “CONTEST PARTIES”), AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THIS CONTEST, FROM ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY THAT MAY BE IMPOSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE, AND FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, FEES, INJURY OR LOSSES SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE TRAVELING TO, PREPARING FOR, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, (A) PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, (B) TECHNICAL, NETWORK, ELECTRONIC, WIFI, COMPUTER, INTERNET, OR COMMUNICATIONS ERRORS, (C) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN THE CONTEST, (D) MECHANICAL, PRINTING, OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, AND (E) ANY OTHER ERRORS OR PROBLEMS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ERRORS IN ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST, ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNER(S), CANCELLATION OR POSTPONEMENT AND ANY CONTEST-RELATED MATERIALS. ENTRANT FURTHER AGREES THAT IN ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, THE CONTEST PARTIES’ LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF ENTERING AND PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS’ FEES. ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES. For prizes valued at $600 or greater, winner must provide his or her Social Security Number for tax purposes. Prize may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prize are the responsibility of winner.
SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND CONCERNING ANY PRIZE, AND SPONSOR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
9. Sponsor reserves the right to change, alter, or amend these Official Rules as necessary, in its sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the contest or to comply with applicable law. Failure by the sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Prize(s) is/are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. No prize substitution allowed by Winner(s). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any reason in the sole discretion of sponsor if the prize or any component thereof is unavailable for any reason.
11. Sponsor reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God. All results posted are unofficial until winners respond to e-mail notification. This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
12. Official Sponsor of Contest: Tadd Jenkins Auto Group 409 Farnsworth Way Rigby, ID 83442 and NPG of Idaho, Inc. 1915 N. Yellowstone Hwy., Idaho Falls, ID 83401 (collectively, “sponsor”).