2018 Mother’s Day Quilting Competition
Presented by All-Star Sages Creek Quilt, Sewing and Embroidery Ctr.
Sponsored by Zion Bank and Portneuf Valley Quilters Guild
Hosted by KIDK.com
1. Rules for the competition
· No purchase necessary.
· Entrants must be at least 18 years of age (per Idaho state law or older per store preference)
· Limit one quilt per entrant.
· Eligible quilts: Longarm or machine quilts, any size or age.
· One photograph of quilt for competition may be submitted between April 10 and April 30 at http://www.kidk.com/contests
· Based on the photographs, 10 finalist quilts will be selected on May 1, 2018 by contest judging panel. Finalist quilts will be put on display in the store from May 3-19, 2018.
· Those visiting the store from May 3-18 may vote for the “Quilters’ Choice Award”.
2. Award judging and presentation
· Award-winning quilter and experienced judge Renae Haddadin (owner of Quilts on the Corner in Sandy, Utah, and two-time winner of Best of Show at Paducah AQS Quiltweek) shall select the Grand Prize winner.
· Judging criteria: Quilts shall be judged based on Visual Impact, Workmanship, Quilting, Borders and Edges, and Binding.
3. Award Structure and Prizes
· Each entrant in the contest shall receive a ticket to vote for their favorite quilt May 5-19, 2018, at the All-Star Sages Creek store in Pocatello. After the voting period, six (6) winners will be randomly drawn from all vote tickets submitted.
Each winner shall receive: 3 hours of quilting on the Innova Longarm without charge, and $30 in-store credit.
· The 10 quilters chosen as finalists shall each receive $75 in-store credit and 2 hours free use of the Innova Longarm.
· The quilt receiving the most in-store votes will become the Quilters’ Choice award winner and receive:
A new $470 Brother Sewing Machine or equivalent in-store credit, and 3 hours free use of the Innova Longarm.
· The Grand Prize winner shall receive:
A $700 Brother “Scan N Cut” machine or equivalent in-store credit, and 4 free hours on the Innova Longarm.
· The quilts winning the Grand Prize and the Quilters’ Choice Award shall be displayed in the store for 2-3 months.
Official KIDK.com General Contest Rules
This contest is void where prohibited by law.
Automated voting of any kind is not allowed. Detection of said automated voting will lead to votes being voided. Only one registered account per voter. If multiple accounts are detected for a single voter, they will be disabled and votes disqualified.
KIDK.com-TV reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
Employees of KIDK-TV, its respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible.
Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the contest commissioners, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest.
Entrants further grant to KIDK-TV the right to use and publish their proper name and state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest.
KIDK-TV reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyright, UPICKEM, and/or KIDK-TV. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
Each winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release all Sponsors, and their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize.
UPICKEM and KIDK-TV are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God.
All results posted are unofficial until winners respond to notification.
Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and will be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received.
This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
KIDK-TV reserves the right to change the rules at any time.
This contest is officially presented by All-Star Sages Creek, Portneuf Valley Quilters Guild and Zion’s Bank, and hosted online by KIDK-TV.