News Reporter / Producer
NPG of Idaho, which operates KIFI Local News 8 (ABC) and KIDK Ch. 3 Eyewitness News (CBS), is looking for a general assignment reporter/weekend producer. We are looking for a self-starter who has high-energy and leadership skills.
The job requires you to write, shoot and edit your own reports and be responsible for covering a regional beat. You will also produce newscasts on Saturday and Sunday.
You will also create and update stories for our websites.
NPG of Idaho is the #1 news organization in the market and is committed to providing the best news content for eastern Idaho and western Wyoming.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Gather facts, shoot, write, produce, edit and present stories as assigned.
• Maintain contacts with assigned beats and contribute story ideas and suggestions.
• Follow up on stories to find new developments.
• Maintain a good knowledge of local events and issues.
• Seek out newsworthy people and events.
• Represent the station at public events.
• Rewrite and contribute stories to the station’s websites.
• Produce half-hour newscasts on weekends
You will work with some of the highest digital technology in the market, including Sony XDCAM HD cameras, HD editors, ENPS and three live trucks.
Candidates should have a four-year degree in communications, journalism or a similar field. They must also have experience in reporting news either from another professional broadcast news station or a well produced college or university program.
This position will require you to carry a camera and all of its gear when covering a story and you must be available to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
If you have what it takes to tell great stories and work under pressure, send us your resume/audition reel through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a DVD to:
NPG of Idaho
1915 N. Yellowstone Hwy.
Idaho Falls, ID 83401
NPG of Idaho is an EOE. Employment is contingent upon passing a drug screen and background check. When applying for this position, please note your referral source.