Check out these Thanksgiving & Friday events
Here's what is happening in your neighborhood on Thanksgiving and Friday.
- Rexburg Turkey Trot, 8 a.m., Madison High School “Run so you can eat!” It will be a great family activity to start your Thanksgiving Holiday. Bring canned food to be donated to the local Food Bank. We want to fill the trailer to help our Food Bank.
- “Turkey Choir” concert, 10 a.m., Rexburg Tabernacle. Event is free.
Fremont County Thanksgiving Day Dinner, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at South Fremont Junior High School Cafeteria. No charge, but donations accepted. Call for rides, if needed
- Sam Davis – 390-0320
- Don Oram – 624-7861
- Lyndon Rinehart – 390-6537
- Lorraine Crockett - 680-8479
- Free Thanksgiving dinner put on by Community Dinner Table, Jason Lee Memorial Church, 168 University, 1 to 2 p.m.
- 24th annual Community Thanksgiving Dinner, noon to 2 p.m. Elks Lodge, 640 E. Elva St., Idaho Falls. Call (208) 522-7200. Free flu shots also offered.
- 2012 Run to Feed the Hungry, Freeman Park Amphitheater. Registration from 8 to 8:40 a.m. Run begins at 9 a.m. “The most fun you can have before 10 Thanksgiving morning.” Call (208) 521-2243 for more information.
- Free Thanksgiving dinner, Pocatello Senior Center, 427 N. Sixth Ave., noon, put on by Lin Whitworth family. Call 233-1212 if you would like meal delivered.
- Free Thanksgiving dinner, First National Bar, 232 W. Center St.. No alcohol, no smoking. Volunteers needed. More info at 233-1516.
- Free Thanksgiving dinner, Salvation Army, 400 N. Fourth Ave., noon to 2 p.m.
- Free Thanksgiving dinner, Blazing Grace Church, 1250 Pershing Ave., 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Free Thanksgiving dinner, Puerto Vallarta, 160 W. Cedar St., noon to 3 p.m.
Night of 1,000 Santas Festival & Night Lights Parade, Historic Old Town Pocatello. Events are as follows (as provided by Old Town Pocatello Inc.):
- Get Your Santa Hat. Help fill the streets of Old Town with Santas! Visit Muse Boutique at 501 N. Main Street for a Santa Hat to take home and decorate. 1,000 hats will be given to the young and old alike! There are great prizes to win at the Santa Hat Contest right after this year’s Night Lights Parade. Quantities are limited.
- Santa Arrives. On Friday November 23rd the festivities begin at 4:00pm all the way through 9:00pm. At 4:00pm Santa will arrive at the Old Town Pavilion aboard the Holiday Helicopter. You are cordially invited to come watch Santa land and he will visit with young children until 6:00pm when he will depart for the Parade. During Santa’s visit there will be music, food and more all under the Pavilion. The Talking Christmas Tree will be back this year and Frosty is expected to make a guest appearance as well. Don’t forget your cameras!
- Night Lights Parade Begins. At 6:30pm the Night Lights Parade will wind its way through Old Town. Parade organizers are encouraging all who come out for the parade to wear your Santa Hat so the entire parade route is lined with Santas. It might just turn out to be a Night of 10,000 Santas! Parade route is attached to this story under “related content” in full-browser view.
- Santa Hat Contest. At the end of the parade, Fire Truck #1 will park at the Old Town Pavilion and Santa will climb down to help judge our old fashioned Santa Hat Contest! Be sure to be at the Old Town Pavilion immediately following the Night Lights Parade, at approximately 7:45pm. Visit www.oldtownpocatello.com for contest categories and prizes.
- Lighting the Community Christmas Tree. The tree this year will have a thousand lights too! The winners of the Santa Hat Contest will get to light the tree with Santa!
- Santa-Sock-Hop. The festive activities continue with live music featuring Gas, Food & Lodging, giveaways for the kids, warm cookies, great food and of course warm drinks, adult varieties as well thanks to the Odyssey Bar, all until 9:00pm.
- For further event details, visit www.oldtownpocatello.com
- Mountain River Ranch 5th Annual Lights On Food Drive, 6 to 9 p.m., 98 N. 5050 East, free sleigh rides for public with a donation of three cans of food.