Local BYUI enrollment up 12 percent
Enrollment at Rexburg's Brigham Young University Idaho is up 12 percent this year over the same time last year. The university is reporting total local enrollment of 16,773. That is the number of individuals who take BYU Idaho courses and predominantly reside in the Rexburg area.
Of the total local enrollment, 96.3 percent live in Rexburg and the remaining 3.7 percent residing in locations from Idaho Falls to Ashton.
The university said is observing continual growth the in the number of students enrolled in online courses and programs. 6,371 students are enrolled in online courses this fall, compared to just 2,503 during fall semester 2011.
The 2012 local student body includes 7,448 male students and 9,325 female students. The number of married students is 3,616 or 21.6 percent of the total local student population.
Copyright 2013 NPG of Idaho. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.