Rupert business burns

POSTED: 11:52 AM MST Dec 11, 2012    UPDATED: 06:34 PM MST Dec 11, 2012 
Snyder's Supply Fire
RUPERT, Idaho -

A Rupert business burned to the ground following a blaze Tuesday morning.

Officials were called to Snyder's Surplus Store just after 10 a.m.

Because of a propane tank and a high amount of ammunition and gunpowder in the store, firefighters proceeded with extreme caution.

The fire burned for more than three hours and was contained to the main retail store.

Damage is estimated at around $300,000 dollars.

It is believed the blaze started in the rear northeast corner of the building.

No injuries were reported in the fire.

The owner of the store said he does not have insurance on the store.