Authorities hope two Eastern Oregon men hurt by a homemade bomb can answer some questions eventually — such as what they were up to and why they were so close to the blast.
Malheur County Sheriff Brian Wolfe tells the Ontario Argus Observer (http://bit.ly/17iO8tU ) the men were flown to hospitals, one in Boise, Idaho, the other in Portland.
Their injuries were initially described as life-threatening, but no further information was available. The two have an Ontario house and were described as aged 59 and 60.
The bomb went off Sunday three miles from an irrigation reservoir west of Ontario.
Wolfe says investigators found one undetonated device, as well as a few more that had been exploded.
He says the devices included plastic pipe, garden hose and cardboard tubes.
Information from: Argus Observer, http://www.argusobserver.com