Hospital officials say an 81-year-old man who was severely burned while using a propane torch for yard work has succumbed to his injuries.
Authorities say Ray Jessop of Hyrum died early Thursday morning at University Hospital in Salt Lake City.
Cache County deputies say Jessop had been using a handheld torch Wednesday to burn weeds near his back fence when his clothes caught fire. Officials say he was found in flames about 11 a.m. by a juvenile who was helping him.
Jessop was taken to Logan Regional Hospital with third-degree burns on 90 percent of his body, and was later airlifted to the burn center in Salt Lake City.