House near St. Anthony destroyed in explosion
Three people were hospitalized after an explosion and fire at a house near the Relay Station restaurant east of St. Anthony early Wednesday.
The boom was heard for miles at 6:30 a.m. The explosion sent debris flying several feet, leveling most of the house, the Fremont County Sheriff's Office said. A passerby called 911.
Fremont County deputies were first at the house at 621 N. 2650 East. Deputies pulled the three victims out of the rubble.
Family members said one man, Craig Kelsey, was flown to Eastern Idaho Medical Center with burns and is in critical condition. His wife, Theresa, and 14-year-old daughter, Shandilynn, were brought to Madison Memorial Hospital.
The home sat on a family ranch owned by Craig's father. Craig's cousin William Worrell said the horses and orphaned calf survived the blast; however, a handful of cats and dogs did not.
Idaho State Fire Marshals were at the scene to take over the investigation, but South Fremont's Fire Chief Christopher Hill suspects a small propane tank may have caused the explosion.
We'll update this story as more information becomes available.
Copyright 2013 NPG of Idaho. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.