KIFI Breaking News

Hernandez bound to district court on first-degree murder charges

Hernandez in court

AMMON, Idaho (KIFI/KIDK) - The man charged in connection with the murder of an Ammon woman appeared in person to a preliminary hearing Friday, November 3rd.

20-year-old Jameion Hernandez was bound to district court on first-degree murder charges Friday. He will be arraigned on December 5.

If convicted, he faces the possibility of the death penalty or life in prison.

His first appearance in court via monitor Friday, July 20th.

Based on medical records, the woman's decomposed body is believed to be that of Lisa Stukey, the owner of a home at 2390 Ross Avenue, where her body was recovered July 1, 2017.

On Friday, the state called several witnesses including first responders: Sheriff Patrol deputy Randy Flegal, Lt. James Foster and a friend, Doreen Spiers.

Prosecutors said that Lisa was romantically involved with Hernandez’s grandfather, Dwayne. When Dwayne fell and was in the hospital she had Alan (Dwayne’s step-son) removed from his hospital records, identifying Lisa as the sole caretaker. 

The state also brought forth Sherry Waters as a witness. She accompanied Spiers when the two checked Stuckey’s home. The two were concerned when they didn’t hear from Stuckey. 

The prosecutor showed her pictures of jewelry that Waters identified as similar pieces of jewelry Stuckey owned.

Dr. Charles Garrison was also called as a witness. He is a Physican at the Ada County Coroners Office in Boise where he did the autopsy. The remains were taken to Boise because they needed to be looked at by a Foremsic Pathologist. The FBI is currently making more assessments on the remains but Garrison confirmed that the injuries he saw on Stuckey’s back, left and center of her head were consistent with blunt-force trauma. Saying it would take “significant force” to cause such injuries.

The state brought in Tristan Furrows, friend of Hernandez. Furrows told the court that Hernandez confessed the crime to him saying there was “something he wanted to tell him.” Furrows began to guess and finally asked “Did you kill someone?” He says Hernandez then got quiet before telling Furrows he killed Lisa Stuckey in her home and began telling details of the crime.

Furrows then told the court he accompanied Hernandez in disposing the alleged weapon, a Louisville slugger baseball bat. Furrows says he also drove Hernandez to dispose of a bag allegedly belonging to Stuckey that he took from the scene. Furrows does not have an immunity agreement and could possibly face charges for his role.

The state called Detective Zebulon Graham. He interviewed Hernandez on July 19th 2017 after a traffic stop. During the traffic stop he says he found a safe which had jewelry in it that was earlier identified by witnesses as similar to Stuckey’s. The safe also had a Motorcycle Instructor’s Permit that does not belong to the accused or any of his relatives. Graham says they haven’t called the person who the permit belongs to yet.

Graham says during the interview Hernandez told him that he did break into Stuckey’s home and hit her with a baseball bat. He said he had become angry, went to Stuckey’s home, kicked in her door and then left because he was startled by her. He then returned where he admits to killing her. Graham also says Hernandez told him that after he hit Stuckey he began looking for a gun to take his life with.

Graham says Hernandez told him he was angry with Stuckey for the interaction she had with his grandfather and other men. Claiming that she took advantage of his grandfather and past men for financial gain.

During cross-examination the defense asked if Graham had the family’s home under surveillance, to which he answered no. The defense then asked if they had the Lively home wire tapped, to which Graham then answered yes. 

comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular Stories

Top Stories