YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK (KIFI/KIDK) - UPDATE 9/22/17 3:10 p.m.: A winter weather advisory remains in effect until 6:00 p.m. (MST) this evening. The only roads temporarily closed at this time are:
- East Entrance to Fishing Bridge Junction (Sylvan Pass): closed all day for all travel
- Canyon to Tower (Dunraven): closed to public travel
- Norris to Mammoth: closed for construction until October 6 (7 a.m.)
UPDATE 9/22/17 10:30 a.m.: The road from Mammoth to Tower has re-opened to all travel.
UPDATE 9/21/17 11:45 a.m.: Currently, a majority of Yellowstone National Park's roadways are receiving moderate snowfall. Officials ask you use caution while driving and expect changing road conditions. The only road currently closed is:
- Indian Creek Campground to Roaring Mountain: closed to all travel until October 6 at 7 a.m. due to construction.
UPDATE 9/20/2017 2:30 p.m.: At this time, all park roads are open except Indian Creek Campground to Roaring Mountain which is closed to all travel until October 6 at 7 a.m. due to construction.
UPDATE 9/20/2017 1:30 p.m.: The following roads are closed:
- Tower to Canyon (Dunraven Pass): OPEN, could close at anytime due to drifting snow
- Fishing Bridge to East Entrance (Sylvan Pass): Temporarily closed to public travel
- Indian Creek Campground to Roaring Mountain: Temporarily closed to all travel for construction
UPDATE 3:00 p.m.: The only roads closed in the park are Old Faithful to West Thumb (Craig Pass) which is temporarily closed to public travel and Norris to Mammoth which is closed for construction.
UPDATE 1:10 p.m.: Canyon to Lake and West Thumb to South Entrance are now open.
Many Yellowstone National Park interior park roads are currently snow-covered and icy.
The following are closed:
- Tower to Canyon (Dunraven Pass): OPEN
- Canyon to Lake: OPEN
- Lake to East Entrance (Sylvan Pass): OPEN
- Old Faithful to West Thumb (Craig Pass): closed to public travel
- West Thumb to South Entrance: OPEN
Officials report crews are out attempting to clear the roads, and drivers should expect delays and adverse driving conditions throughout most of the park.
Road information can be found on the park website at go.nps.gov/YellRoads.
The map on that page, in addition to phone recordings, will be updated as conditions change.
For the public road report call (307)-344-2117.