KIFI Top Story

Family safe after Iona chimney fire

Family safe after Iona chimney fire

IONA, Idaho - A local family is safe after a chimney fire in Iona Sunday afternoon. The Idaho Falls Fire Department said the fire caused about $30,000 in damages.

Idaho Falls Firefighters responded to the call around 12:00 p.m. Sunday in the 5000 block of East Denning. The family made the call when it noticed smoke coming from the chimney.

Local News 8 talked to the owner of the home, who said his five grandchildren were inside with their parents. The grandchildren were between the ages of 3 to 11.

Fire crews contained the fire. No injuries have been reported.

comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular Stories

Top Stories