JACKSON, Wyo. - Officials in Jackson say they are seeing a slowing of the landslide on Budge Drive.
After several feet of movement in a single day last week, officials said Thursday morning that they had only measured about half an inch of movement in the last 24 hours.
Officials said about 400 tons of concrete and fill have been added to the toe of the slide, and that current movement is concentrated mostly on the east side of the slide. The eastern crest contains ground cracks 20 feet deep or more.
Jackson police Lt. Cole Nethercott said residents may be able to access a temporary road up Budge Drive as early as next week in what he called a best-case scenario.
"If things continue to work in our favor, if things continue to slow -- there's a lot of things we have to have work out for us, but the continued slowing, weather, the status of our drilling and stuff, we really hope to have some decisions on that next week sometime, probably mid-week to the end of the week," said Nethercott.
Officials said Sidewinders could reopen next week, but that Walgreens will remain closed indefinitely.
Engineers have confirmed there is still no movement outside of the high-risk area. Four additional bore holes are being drilled this week and next.
Wyoming Gov. Matt Mead will tour the landslide site Monday.