BONNEVILLE COUNTY, Idaho - A Blackfoot man who killed a woman in Bonneville County last year will not face the death penalty under a plea agreement reached Tuesday.
Adan Arroyo, 23, pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in connection with the Jan. 19, 2013, shooting death of Kristy Aschliman.
According to a joint news release from the Bonneville County sheriff's and prosecutor's offices, the conditions of the plea agreement are as follows:
- The state will recommend a sentence of 27 years to life, with Arroyo free to argue.
- Arroyo will give an interview with law enforcement for full disclosure of the facts of the crime, including other parties that may have been involved.
- He agrees to waive appeals.
- He agrees to pay restitution.
- The state will drop the notice of the death penalty and will dismiss the possession of dangerous contraband while in jail. (Arroyo was accused of making a weapon out of a toothbrush in April.)
Arroyo's sentencing is scheduled for June.