Pets, people unhurt in early morning trailer fire

Home burns in Idaho Falls

IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - An early morning fire burned a trailer home at North Adams Drive in Idaho Falls on Monday.

EMS Division Chief Scott Long said firefighters were called at around 3:30 a.m.

None of the occupants were injured. Firefighters arrived in time to rescue several family pets including dogs, cats, fish and even rats. Fire damage was heavy and estimated at around $50,000.

The American Red Cross said Monday afternoon that disaster volunteers were on the scene to help two adults and two children who were affected by the fire. Red Cross caseworkers provided the family with funds for food, clothing, shoes, and winter coats to meet their immediate needs, as well as three nights' shelter in a local motel.

Firefighters are still looking into the cause, but said the fire might have started in the kitchen area.

comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular Stories

Top Stories