Grease fire starts while man cooks French fries

POCATELLO, Idaho (KIFI/KIDK) - A grease fire started in a kitchen in the 500 block of East Alameda Road while a man was cooking French fries around 1 a.m. Thursday.

Pocatello Police officers evacuated all occupants, and Pocatello Fire Department firefighters were able to extinguish the fire.

Officials report the kitchen sustained fire damage, and there was smoke damage throughout the apartment.

According to firefighters, a unit above the apartment also sustained smoke damage.

Officials estimate the fire caused about $10,000 of damages.

One occupant suffered minor burns to his hand.

comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular Stories

Top Stories