IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (KIFI/KIDK) - Idaho Falls Power commercial customers are being targeted by a new scam.
In it, a caller claims to be representing Idaho Power and Idaho Falls Power. They appear to be unaware that the two utilities are different.
Idaho Falls Power offered this advice:
- If the caller is demanding immediate payment or for you to buy a prepaid credit card to make a payment, it's a scam.
- If the caller says payment must be taken over the phone, it's a scam.
- If the caller cannot offer payment options, it's a scam.
- If you are unsure about whether you owe money to the City of Idaho Falls for utilities, hang up and call the utilities office at (208) 612-8280 or (208) 612-8144 to verify.
- Be cautious about providing any personal or financial information over the phone if you have not solicited the phone call.