We all know the turkey is the real centerpiece at Thanksgiving dinner, but why not try to add some extra elegance to your table? Wow your guests this Thanksgiving with these simple, yet sophisticated decorating ideas:
1. Fill the middle of the table with small gourds and weave ivy garland throughout.
2. Paint a few mini pumpkins white and place them in a single file down the middle of your table. Tuck greenery between each one and tie little notes to each pumpkin that includes festive phrases or you guests' names.
3. Turn pumpkins into candlesticks by cutting the stem off and placing small votives on top. You can take it to the next level by enclosing the candles in glass hurricanes that are secured down with floral U-pins.
4. Pile up pears, apples, or any seasonal fruit of your choice in the middle of the table. You can attach small paper leaves to the fruit that say what you and your family are thankful for this year.
5. Another way you can repurpose pumpkins for your Thanksgiving table is by carving out the inside and placing a vase inside filled with flowers. This pumpkin vase is sure to add some wow to your table.
6. Fill glass containers with seasonal nuts like walnuts and chestnuts and place a votive in there. You will need a vase or jar large enough to place nuts around your candle and you can finish it off by tying a ribbon around each jar.