Indian Hills Elementary School was briefly evacuated Thursday morning for a suspected gas leak.
A smell prompted administrators to take the students across the street to the LDS church parking lot across the street. A portion of Bannock Highway was blocked off during the evacuation.
The gas company gave the all clear and the students returned back to their classrooms just before noon.
The fire dept. said they are not sure what caused the odor to leak, but noted the Intermountain Gas Company discovered absolutely no readings of any sort of gas leak. They said the smell could have been due to the day's weather inversion, which usually causes industrial odors to become trapped in the air from fumes emitted by smog, power plants, and factories.