IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (KIFI/KIDK) - Idaho Falls Fire Department was dispatched to 1000 Cathryn Avenue, Idaho Falls for a report of a structure fire.
Units arrived in under six minutes to find heavy smoke and fire coming from the corner bedroom of a one story home. All occupants were out of the home when firefighters arrived.
Firefighters quickly knocked down the fire and entered the home to finish extinguishing and overhauling the structure. They then checked for fire extension into the attic.
One adult female was transported by ambulance to Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center with superficial burns and smoke inhalation.
One other person was involved, but sustained no injuries.
The initial damage is estimated at $50,000.
The reported cause of the fire was due to the adult female falling asleep in bed while smoking a cigarette.
Three engines, three ambulances and a battalion chief, Lance Johnson, responded to the incident.