NPG of Idaho, which operates KIFI Local News 8 and KIDK Eyewitness News, is looking for a videographer/multimedia journalist to work in our Idaho Falls newsroom. We are looking for a self-starter who has high-energy and leadership skills. This person needs to be technically savvy in order to run the station's live ENG truck.
The job requires you to write, shoot and edit your own reports plus help other reporters with shooting and researching their stories. You will also produce content for our award winning website, localnews8.com. This job is not an on-air position.
NPG of Idaho is rated as the #1 news team in the market and is committed to providing the best news content for eastern Idaho and western Wyoming.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Gathering information, shooting, writing, producing, editing and presenting stories as assigned.
• Operate and maintain the station's live trucks.
• Contributing story ideas and suggestions.
• Following up on stories assigned by the assignment desk.
• Maintaining a good knowledge of local events and issues.
• Seeking out newsworthy people and events.
• Representing the station with a good presence at public events.
• Rewriting and placing stories on the station website.
You will work with some of the highest digital technology in the market, including Sony XDCAM HD cameras, Velocity editors, ENPS and three live trucks.
Candidates had good communication skills. This job would be a good job to get your foot in the door experience.
This position will require you to carry a camera and all of its gear when covering a story and there is a possibility you may work weekends and holidays.
Send your resume and references to:
NPG of Idaho
1915 N. Yellowstone Hwy.
Idaho Falls, ID 83401
Or email your resume to email@example.com .
If you have a demonstration of your talent on video, either on the web, tape or DVD, please include with your resume, but is not required.
NPG of Idaho is an EOE. Employment is contingent upon passing a drug screen and background check.
When applying for this position, please note your referral source.