IDAHO FALLS (KIFI/KIDK) - A cold front is moving into to Eastern Idaho and Wyoming Thursday night and Friday morning. Our local mountains are expected to see heavy snow showers at times for Friday and this weekend. Snowfall amounts are still looking to be low for the Snake River Plain. However, with dropping temperatures, gusty winds, travel for Friday in the upper valley could be difficult at times.
The National Weather Service in Pocatello has issued a WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TO 5 PM MST FRIDAY...
* WHAT...Snow expected. Plan on slippery road conditions,
including during the morning commute on Friday. Total snow
accumulations of 1 to 4 inches are expected. Some blowing and
drifting of snow will also be possible.
* WHERE...The Upper Snake River Plain, including the INL, Idaho
Falls and Rexburg.
* WHEN...From 5 AM to 5 PM MST Friday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for reduced visibilities at
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered
roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
The latest road conditions can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
National Weather Service Missoula MT
Western Lemhi County-Eastern Lemhi County-
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THIS
EVENING TO 5 PM MST FRIDAY...
* WHAT...Snow expected. Blowing snow expected south of Leadore.
Total snow accumulations of 2 to 4 inches, with 5 to 8 inches
for Lost Trail Pass and Gilmore Summit, are expected.
* WHERE...Shoup, Bannock Pass, Highway 28 Tendoy to Lone Pine,
Highway 93 Lost Trail Pass to Gibbonsville, Lemhi Pass, and
* WHEN...From 11 PM this evening to 5 PM MST Friday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions. In
addition, areas of poor visibility are likely. Winds gusting as
high as 45 mph will cause areas of blowing and drifting snow.
National Weather Service Pocatello ID
South Central Highlands-Caribou Highlands-
Cache Valley/Idaho Portion-Wasatch Mountains/Idaho Portion-
Including the cities of Henry, Soda Springs, Preston,
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM FRIDAY TO
5 AM MST SATURDAY...
* WHAT...Snow and blowing snow expected. Plan on slippery road
conditions, including during the evening commute on Friday. In
addition, areas of poor visibility are expected. Total snow
accumulations of 3 to 5 inches, with localized amounts up to
11 inches, are expected.
* WHERE...Henry, Soda Springs, Montpelier, Lava Hot Springs,
Pomerelle, Pebble Creek, Georgetown, Palisades.
* WHEN...From 5 AM Friday to 5 AM MST Saturday.