SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -

A Utah woman who nearly died after run unknowingly drinking iced tea mixed with chemicals spoke publicly for the first time Friday, saying she hopes the incident is a wake-up call for restaurants.

Jan Harding spent almost two weeks in a Salt Lake City hospital after drinking a single sip of sweetened iced tea at Dickey's Barbecue in South Jordan, a Salt Lake City suburb.

Authorities say a restaurant employee unintentionally put the heavy-duty cleaner in a sugar bag, and a worker later mistakenly mixed it into the iced-tea dispenser.

The 67-year-old Harding told reporters Friday that she hopes the incident forces restaurants to change how they train employees and store and label chemicals.

Salt Lake County prosecutors have not announced whether charges will be filed.