Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 1:13 PM MDT on March 10, 2014, expires at: 3:00 AM MDT on March 11, 2014
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 3 am MDT Tuesday for elevations at and above pass level... ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 3 am MDT Tuesday for the foothills... A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow remains in effect until 3 am MDT Tuesday for elevations at and above pass level. A Winter Weather Advisory for snow remains in effect until 3 am MDT Tuesday for the foothills.
- Timing and main impact: snow...heavy at times...will continue through tonight. The wet heavy snow will make travel and outdoor activities difficult.
- Snow accumulations: 1 to 2 feet of snow can be expected at pass level and above. 4 to 8 inches of snow will affect the foothills area. Only light snow amounts are expected over the plains or at valley floors.
- Visibility: visibility will be reduced to less than one half mile at times in heavier snowfall.
- Other impacts: wet and cold weather will result in dangerous conditions for Newborn livestock.
- Locations in the Winter Storm Warning include: Boulder Hill...Elk Park Pass...Homestake pass...Kings Hill Pass...Flesher Pass...MacDonald Pass...Rogers Pass...Battle Ridge Pass...Bozeman Pass...Targhee Pass...Big Hole Pass...Chief Joseph Pass...Monida Pass...Raynolds Pass.
- Locations in the Winter Weather Advisory include: White Sulphur Springs...Stanford...Boulder...Lincoln...Bozeman and West Yellowstone.
- To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
- To see a graphical representation of the degree of stress on Young livestock please visit our web Page and click on the canl link on the left side of the Page. Precautionary/preparedness actions... For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana...dial 5 1 1.