Upper Snake River Plain
Issued at: 11:20 am MDT on March 10, 2014, expires at: 9:00 PM MDT on March 10, 2014
- ...Wind Advisory now in effect until 9 PM MDT this evening...
- timing...wind speeds are already increasing across the snake plain and Magic Valley and will persist through at least 9 PM.
- Winds...southwest winds increasing and becoming 30 to 40 with gusts of 40 to 55 mph.
- Locations include...Idaho Falls...Rexburg...inl...Aberdeen...Pocatello...Craters of the Moon...Burley and Shoshone.
- Impacts...strong gusty cross winds can make travel difficult for high profile vehicles. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.