Yellowstone National Park
Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 3:22 PM MDT on March 9, 2014, expires at: 6:00 PM MDT on March 11, 2014
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM MDT Tuesday... A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM MDT Tuesday.
- Summary and timing...snow will move into the mountains tonight and continue through Tuesday. Below 7500 feet a rain snow mix is expected which will reduce accumulations in the foothills.
- Snow accumulations...8 to 16 inches in The Tetons by late Tuesday with local 20 inch amounts.
- Wind and visibility...west at 25 to 30 with gusts of 40 to 45 mph with areas of blowing snow reducing visibility below a quarter mile at times.
- Impacts...the roads and passes across the western mountains will become slick...snow packed and icy making driving more hazardous. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and blowing snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving. The latest Road conditions provided by the Wyoming Department of Transportation are available by calling 5-1-1 or on the internet at wyoroad.Info.