Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 2:12 PM MST on December 21, 2014, expires at: 5:00 AM MST on December 22, 2014
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 5 am MST Monday above 7500 feet... A Winter Storm Warning above 7500 feet for snow and blowing snow remains in effect until 5 am MST Monday.
- Timing...5 PM today through 5 am Monday.
- Main impact...6 to 12 inches of snow above 6000 feet with well over a foot possible above 7500 feet.
- Locations include...Driggs...Island Park...Monida Pass... Ashton hill...Targhee Pass...Pine Creek Pass...Fish Creek Summit... Georgetown Summit.
- Other impacts...blowing and drifting snow with low visibilities possible overnight. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight... food...and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.