Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 5:28 am MST on November 28, 2014, expires at: 8:00 PM MST on November 29, 2014
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 5 am to 8 PM MST Saturday... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow remains in effect from 5 am to 8 PM MST Saturday.
- Timing and main impact: a strong cold front will move through central Montana late Friday night and into southwest Montana Saturday morning. Snow will develop and become moderate at times tapering off Saturday evening. Travel and outdoor activities will be hazardous due to areas of blowing snow.
- Snow accumulations: 2 to 4 inches of snow are expected at lower elevations with 4 to 8 inches in the mountains.
- Winds and visibility: north winds gusting to 25 to 30 mph are likely with frontal passage. Blowing snow will limit visibility to less than one half mile at times.
- Locations affected include: White Sulphur Springs...Battle Ridge Pass...Bozeman...Bozeman Pass...Stanford...Boulder... Boulder Hill...Elk Park Pass...Homestake pass...Whitehall... Great Falls...Kings Hill Pass...Townsend
- to see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and blowing snow. Use caution when traveling...especially in open areas. For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana...dial 5 1 1.