Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 11:51 am MST on February 13, 2016, expires at: 5:00 PM MST on February 15, 2016
- ...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 5 am Sunday to 5 PM MST Monday... The National Weather Service in Riverton has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow...which is in effect from 5 am Sunday to 5 PM MST Monday.
- Timing...strong west winds will begin to bring Pacific moisture into the Star Valley and Jackson Hole late tonight beginning a long term period of snow with blowing snow developing. Periods of snow and blowing snow will continue Sunday night and Monday.
- Snow accumulation...3 to 6 inches with locally higher amounts.
- Wind and visibility...west winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph on open areas. Visibility below a quarter mile in heavy snow and blowing snow.
- Main impact...travel will become difficult with snow packed and icy roads and poor visibility. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that visibilities will be limited due to strong winds blowing snow around. Use caution when traveling...especially in open areas.