Lower Snake River Plain
Issued at: 6:09 PM MDT on October 25, 2014, expires at: 8:00 PM MDT on October 26, 2014
- ...Wind Advisory in effect until 2 am MDT Sunday... ...Wind Advisory remains in effect from noon to 8 PM MDT Sunday... The National Weather Service in Pocatello has extended the Wind Advisory for this evening until 2 am MDT Sunday morning. A Wind Advisory remains in effect from noon to 8 PM MDT Sunday.
- Timing...wind speeds will increase after 9 PM MDT this evening as a front washes through the region...gradually decreasing after 2 am MDT. Strong winds will resurface Sunday afternoon and continue through Sunday evening.
- Winds...sustained 25 to 35 mph with gusts of 45 to 50 mph.
- Locations include...inl...Craters of the Moon...Mud Lake...Idaho Falls...Pocatello and Blackfoot.
- Impacts...strong gusty winds will create difficult driving conditions...especially for high profile vehicles. Areas of blowing dust may reduce visibility at times. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.