Lower Snake River Plain
Issued at: 3:36 PM MST on December 22, 2014, expires at: 9:00 PM MST on December 22, 2014
- ...Wind Advisory remains in effect until 9 PM MST this evening... A Wind Advisory remains in effect until 9 PM MST this evening.
- Timing...now until 900 PM MST. Strongest wind should occur from 200 PM until 500 PM.
- Winds...west to northwest 30 to 35 mph with gusts to 50 mph.
- Locations include...the eastern Magic Valley and the lower Snake River Plain...mainly along the Interstate corridor from Burley to Pocatello. It also includes the Goose Creek...Raft River...and Rockland valleys in southern Idaho.
- Impacts...wind this strong can make control of your vehicle difficult when it is a cross wind. The only mitigation is to drive at slower speeds. The wind can also bring down branches... trees...and power lines. Secure light objects that are usually kept outside your home. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.