Upper Snake Highlands
Issued at: 4:20 am MDT on March 31, 2015, expires at: 12:00 AM MDT on April 01, 2015
- ...Wind Advisory in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to midnight MDT tonight... The National Weather Service in Pocatello has issued a Wind Advisory...which is in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to midnight MDT tonight.
- Timing...winds will increase late this afternoon and continue into the evening. The strongest will likely occur between 5pm and 10pm.
- Winds...25 to 35 mph with gusts as high as 50 mph.
- Locations include...Driggs...DuBois...Island Park...St. Anthony...Idaho Falls...the inl complex...Rexburg...Rigby... Arco...Challis and MacKay.
- Impacts...larger vehicles will encounter difficult driving conditions. Blowing dust and low visibility are expected. The following areas would be impacted the most by blowing dust...I-15 north of Idaho Falls...portions of U-S 93 from Arco to Challis...state highways 32 and 33...areas downwind from the sand dunes and along/east of U-S 20 from St. Anthony to Ashton hill. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.