Western Lemhi County
Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 2:55 PM MST on March 1, 2015, expires at: 11:00 AM MST on March 03, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 5 PM Monday to 11 am MST Tuesday... The National Weather Service in Missoula has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow...which is in effect from 5 PM Monday to 11 am MST Tuesday.
- Impacts/timing: accumulating snow...gusty north winds...and cold wind chills late Monday afternoon through Tuesday morning. Moderate snow bands producing accumulating snow in a short period of time are likely. Slick roads will impact area travel. Cold and wet conditions will stress Newborn livestock.
- Snow accumulations: 1 to 2 inches... locally higher amounts possible.
- Wind chills: zero to 15 below zero starting Monday night.
- Locations impacted include...Shoup...Bannock Pass...Highway 28 Tendoy to Lone Pine...Highway 93 Lost Trail Pass to Gibbonsville...Lemhi Pass...Salmon Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving. Cold wind chills will result in frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken. If you must venture outdoors...make sure you wear a hat and gloves.