EASTERN IDAHO (KIFI/KIDK) - The National Weather Service in Pocatello has issued a High Wind Watch for the Snake River Plain on Wednesday.
This Watch will most likely switch over to a High Wind Warning by Wednesday morning, as a storm system moves out of the northwest.
* IMPACTS/TIMING...Strong winds will develop Wednesday mid morning
with peak wind gusts likely Wednesday afternoon. Hazardous
driving conditions likely especially for high profile vehicles
and trailers especially along Interstate 15. Pockets of blowing
dust is possible with road closures possible along Interstate
15 near the Roberts area.
* WINDS...Southwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts over 50 mph possible.
* LOCATIONS...American Falls, Aberdeen, Pocatello, Fort Hall,
Blackfoot, Idaho Falls and Idaho National Lab.
Outside of the High Wind Watch, A Wind Advisory has been issued.
WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM TO 9 PM MDT WEDNESDAY...
The National Weather Service in Pocatello has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 10 AM to 9 PM MDT Wednesday.
* IMPACTS/TIMING...Difficult driving and pockets of blowing dust
possible from Wednesday mid morning into Wednesday evening.
* WINDS...West 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 50 mph.
* LOCATIONS...Shoshone, Burley, Malta, Rockland, McCammon, Soda