Spirit of Idaho Photo Contest Rules (“Official Rules”)
1. No purchase necessary. Purchase will not increase the chances of winning. Enter by submitting an original photo showing your “Spirit of Idaho” at www.KIDK.com under the “Spirit of Idaho” tab. No reproduced photos will be permitted. Photos submitted must be entrant’s original work (i.e. you took the photo) or a photo you have permission to submit to the contest. Limited to one photo entry per person per day. All additional entries beyond the maximum allowed of 1 per person per day will result in disqualification for that day. Neither the sponsor nor any of its agencies are responsible for lost, damaged, corrupted, incomplete, or delayed entries. All materials submitted become the property of sponsor and will not be returned.
a) Participants enter to win by submitting their original photo and entire entry form at www.KIDK.com under the “Spirit of Idaho” tab sponsored by Tadd Jenkins Auto Group. The photos will be displayed on KIDK.com’s Spirit of Idaho page and the monthly winners will be decided by a website viewer poll. The photo with the most votes wins the monthly prize and will be entered to win the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize will also be decided by a final website viewer poll featuring all of the monthly winners. In the event of a tie in either a monthly selection or the Grand Prize selection, the winner will be selected at random, from a pool of the tied participants. Photo participants may only win one month during the annual contest.
b) By entering the conetst, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and any additional rules posted on the contest page. You further agree to be bound by the decisions of sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. You are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these Official Rules, and by entering, you agree to be bound to these Official Rules.
2. There will be 12 monthly winners, one per month during the duration of the contest. Weekly winners will be determined by the KIDK weather/news team for the month. The monthly winner decided by the website viewer poll, will receive a gift certificate for a Free Full Auto Detail valued at $250 to be redeemed at either Tadd Jenkins Chevrolet or Tadd Jenkins Ford Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. The grand prize winner will be decided by the photo with the most votes in final website viewer poll. One Grand Prize winner will be offered a 12-month lease of either a 2019 Ford Fusion SE or 2019 Chevrolet Cruze LT. Winner may select from these two lease options. The winner will be offered a the lease with either GM Financial or Ford Credit depending on the vehicle selected and Tadd Jenkins Auto Group will make the 12 monthly payments worth $4,429/Fusion or $4404/Cruze. The lease includes 10,000 miles per year. Each additional mile will be billed to the Winner at a rate of $0.25/mile. At the end of the 12-month period the winner may select to purchase the vehicle or return it to the applicable dealership. Any damage beyond usual wear and tear will be billed to and must be paid by Winner. Winner must qualify for a lease through either GM Financial or Ford Credit, based upon Winner’s approved credit. If Winner does not qualify for credit, Winner will not be eligible and the prize will be offered to the next highest vote getter. There are no odds of winning the contest because selection is based upon votes; except that odds of winning a tie break depend upon the number of eligible tied entries. Winners may not substitute or transfer prizes. Winners will be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release. Winners will be responsible for all taxes related to the prize, including income taxes as well as insurance. Winner must provide proof of insurance and is subject to the lease requirements as determined by either GM Financial or Ford Finance based on the selected vehicle.
3. The yearlong contest starts May 11, 2018 and ends April 19, 2019. A prize will be offered each month. One Grand Prize will be offered (Grand Prize Winner chooses one of two options). The Grand Prize Winner will be announced onMay 31st 2019 during the 10pm KIDK News broadcast. Monthly entry and voting deadlines are as follows:
- June: Entry begins May 22, 2018 at 8:00AM and ends __June 30__. Voting starts _July 1___ and ends at _July 7____.
- July: Entry begins July 8, 2018 at 8:00AM and ends __July 31__. Voting starts _August 1___ and ends at _August 7____.
- August: Entry begins August 8, 2018 at 8:00AM and ends __August 31__. Voting starts _Sept___ and ends at _Sept 7____.
- September: Entry begins Sept 8, 2018 at 8:00AM and ends __Sept 30__. Voting starts _Oct 1___ and ends at _Oct 7____.
- October: Entry begins Oct 8, 2018 at 8:00AM and ends __Oct 31__. Voting starts _Nov 1___ and ends at _Nov 7____.
- November: Entry begins Nov 8, 2018 at 8:00AM and ends __ Nov 30__. Voting starts _Dec 1___ and ends at _Dec 7____.
- December: Entry begins Dec 8, 2018 at 8:00AM and ends __Dec 31__. Voting starts _Jan 1, 2019___ and ends at _Jan 7____.
- January: Entry begins Jan 7, 2019 at 8:00AM and ends __Jan 31__. Voting starts _Feb 1___ and ends at _Feb 7____.
- February: Entry begins Feb 8, 2019 at 8:00AM and ends __Fed 28__. Voting starts _March 1___ and ends at _March 7____.
- March: Entry begins March 7, 2019 at 8:00AM and ends __March 31__. Voting starts _April 1___ and ends at _April 7____.
- April: Entry begins on April 7, 2019____ at 8:00AM and ends April 30, 2019 at 4:00pm. Voting starts _May 1___ and ends at May 7__.
Grand Prize Winner voting starts _May 8,019__ and ends at __May 15, 2019__.
Monthly Winner and Grand Prize Winner will be notified either by email or phone within __ days of selection. Winner must respond to notification, by contacting sponsor as provided in the notification within the time period described in the notification, or the Winner will be subject to disqualification, in which case the prize will be forfeited, and the next highest vote getter will be selected the alternate winner. Prize may be claimed as specified in notification from sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, or out-of-service contact information.
War Bonnet Roundup Giveaway Official Rules
Eligibility. This contest is offered only to legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older at time of entry. One winner per household. One winner per family. Prizes are non-transferable. Winners of a contest hosted or sponsored by Sponsor (as defined below) or its/their affiliates within the past 90 days are not eligible. Sponsor reserves the right to restrict the local winners to only persons whose primary residence is within a 60 mile radius of station. By entering, you agree to comply with all applicable law and these Official Rules, and you agree to abide by all decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if these Official Rules are not followed. “Official Rules” means the rules on the contest entry page, these rules and the Additional Official Rules linked from this page.
How to Enter; Enter at Localnews8.com under the play tab. Entries must be received by Midnight on July 30th.
Winner Selection. Winner will be selected randomly on July 31st. Potential winner(s) will be notified by phone on July 31st. Winner must respond to such notification, by contacting Local News 8 within the time period described in the notification, or the Winner will be subject to disqualification, in which case the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate Winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries, time permitting. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, or out-of-service contact information.
Prize Claim. Winner is responsible for picking up prize at the NPG Studios at 1915 N. Yellowstone Highway in Idaho Falls or making other arraignments with Local News 8.
Odds. Odds of winning vary depending on amount of entries. In addition to the sponsor listed in the prior Contest welcome page, this Contest is also sponsored by Local News 8.
Miscellaneous. Sponsor reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God. All results posted are unofficial until winners respond to e-mail notification. This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
NO ASSOCIATION WITH FACEBOOK. THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK. YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO THE SPONSORS LISTED ABOVE AND NOT TO FACEBOOK. YOUR NAME MAY BE USED ON FACEBOOK TO ANNOUNCE THAT YOU HAVE WON. ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR COMPLAINTS REGARDING THE PROMOTION SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE SPONSORS, NOT FACEBOOK, AND YOU AGREE TO RELEASE FACEBOOK FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THIS PROMOTION.
ADDITIONAL OFFICIAL RULES:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THESE ADDITIONAL OFFICIAL RULES SUPPLEMENT THE RULES POSTED ON AND/OR AVAILABLE FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PAGE AND TOGETHER THEY ARE REFERRED TO AS THE OR THESE “OFFICIAL RULES.” PLEASE SEE SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PAGE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. THE TERM “SWEEPSTAKES” IS USED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES TO REFER TO BOTH SWEEPSTAKES AND CONTESTS.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS: This Sweepstakes is offered only to legal U.S. residents submitting entries and other data from the United States. News-Press & Gazette Company, Sponsor and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, advertising and promotional agencies, and other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, employees, interns, partners and agents (the foregoing collectively, “Sweepstakes Parties”) and members of Sweepstakes Parties’ immediate families and members of the same households of such individuals, are not eligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this Sweepstakes or reproduce or distribute any portion of these Official Rules to their members. Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to Sponsor upon request. All entry form information must be complete and accurate. Sponsor will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry.
ENTRIES: Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. Incomplete entries are void. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, damaged, undeliverable or delayed. Photocopied and mechanically generated entries are void. Entries generated by any automated means are void. Electronic entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Online entrants must have valid email address and it is entrant’s responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in email address. Potential winner(s) may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner(s) is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. Incomplete entries are void. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, damaged, undeliverable or delayed. Photocopied and mechanically generated entries are void. Entries generated by any automated means are void.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY GUIDELINES:
All entries in contests/sweepstakes that involve submission of content from users/participants are subject to the following “Intellectual Property Guidelines”:
1. All entries must be your original work and must not infringe upon any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, or other right of any third party. You or your parent or legal guardian warrant that you have all rights to transmit and, to the extent necessary, transfer all rights in and to all material submitted. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or disqualify any entry that infringes or appears, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to infringe another party’s intellectual property rights.
2. You or your parent or legal guardian agree to indemnify the Contest Entities, and hold them harmless from any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising from the entry and/or your failure to comply with these Official Rules.
3. All entries shall be considered “work for hire” under the Copyright Act and shall be the exclusive property of NPG.To the extent necessary, you or your parent or legal guardian hereby further transfer all rights in the entry to NPG and agree to execute and deliver to Sponsor any additional documents Sponsor desires to effectuate and confirm the same. Without limitation, Sponsor shall have the exclusive right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, without obligation (except as specifically provided in these Official Rules), throughout the universe, and in perpetuity, to use, copy, print, display, reproduce, modify, publish, post, transmit and distribute the entry and any material included in the entry in, on, or through all media (including, without limitation, the Internet, television, radio, print, and mobile communications).
4. Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that fails to meet these Intellectual Property Guidelines, appears to infringe another party’s intellectual property rights, or is lewd or indecent, or contains profanity or obscene or offensive images, expressions of hate or abuse, inappropriate content, or any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable law or regulations.
5. Sponsor reserves the right, after entry has been submitted, to review the submitted materials with the entry to verify that entry complies with these Official Rules. If entry does not comply, Sponsor reserves the right to deem the entry not eligible and to disqualify the entry.
ADDITIONAL PRIZE CLAIM DETAILS: Prize must be claimed as specified on the contest page. To claim prize, winner(s) must provide a valid driver’s license or state identification card.
Prize is non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. No prize substitution allowed by winner(s). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any reason in the sole discretion of Sponsor if the prize or any component thereof is unavailable for any reason.
All charges, fees, and costs not specifically included in the prize description above, including but not limited to personal incidental items, transportation, taxes, surcharges, souvenirs, gratuities, and licenses, are the responsibility of the respective winner(s) and, if applicable, their guests. For prize that expressly includes travel, certain blackout dates may apply. Winner(s) responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local income taxes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued for all prizes with an approximate retail value in excess of $600.
In order to be named a winner, potential winner(s) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Prize Acceptance Form/Liability Release and/or where legally permissible a Publicity Release upon accepting a prize. Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, may also be required to sign and return a Liability and Publicity Release prior to the winner’s receipt of prize. Failure to sign and return such required forms by winner (and, if applicable, winner’s guest(s)) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
USE OF SWEEPSTAKES INFORMATION; PUBLICITY RELEASE: Notwithstanding any contrary provision in any of Sweepstakes Parties’ respective privacy policies, entrants grant to Sweepstakes Parties, and Sweepstakes Parties reserve, the right to use any and all information related to the Sweepstakes, including information provided by entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law. Except where prohibited, entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes each entrant’s consent to use, publish, reproduce for all purposes, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including but not limited to the Internet, television, radio, and mobile promotions) in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval. As stated above, winner(s) may be required to sign a Publicity Release that grants permission to Sweepstakes Parties to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information and/or biographical information for all purposes, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including but not limited to the Internet, television, radio, and mobile promotions) in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval, unless prohibited by law.
CONDUCT; NO INTERFERENCE WITH OPERATION OF SWEEPSTAKES: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and additional rules posted on the contest page. You further agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. You are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these Official Rules, and by entering, you agree to be bound to these Official Rules.
You agree that in your participation in the Sweepstakes you will not use obscene, libelous or slanderous language, or language that infringes upon a third party's trademark, trade name or other intellectual property right or right of privacy. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Parties against and from all claims, damages liabilities, costs and expenses asserted by third parties alleging that the Sweepstakes includes obscenity, libel, slander, or infringes upon the third party’s intellectual property or privacy rights, as a direct result of your actions in connection with the Sweepstakes. You further agree to not knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes or to prevent others’ participation in the Sweepstakes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO TAMPER WITH OR DAMAGE WEB SITES (IF ANY) ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND ANY OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Further any such activity will disqualify the entrant and may result in the discontinuation, suspension, or cancellation of the Sweepstakes.
For any Sweepstakes in which members of the public are invited to vote on an entry and/or winner, each person voting during the Sweepstakes is limited to votes associated with one and only one email address.
GENERAL CONDITIONS; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY: If for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to weather, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, marches, strikes, civil disorder, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to select winner(s) from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. The Sweepstakes Parties (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (ii) are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, wifi networks, computer online systems, servers, or provider, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry information to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, human error, or traffic congestion on the Internet or wifi networks or at any website or the entry location; or (iii) any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND CONCERNING ANY PRIZE, AND SPONSOR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: The Sweepstakes and all Sweepstakes-related materials, and all related website pages, contents and code (if any), are copyright of the applicable Sweepstakes Party. The names, logos, trademarks, services marks and icons identifying the products and services (“Marks”) of Sweepstakes Parties are proprietary Marks of the applicable Sweepstakes Party.Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted material or Marks without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: WINNER(S) AND ENTRANTS AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE SWEEPSTAKES PARTIES, AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, FROM ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY THAT MAY BE IMPOSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE, AND FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, FEES, INJURY OR LOSSES SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE TRAVELING TO, PREPARING FOR, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, (A) PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, (B) TECHNICAL, NETWORK, ELECTRONIC, WIFI, COMPUTER, INTERNET, OR COMMUNICATIONS ERRORS, (C) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, (D) MECHANICAL, PRINTING, OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, AND (E) ANY OTHER ERRORS OR PROBLEMS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ERRORS IN ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNER(S), CANCELLATION OR POSTPONEMENT AND ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED MATERIALS. ENTRANT FURTHER AGREES THAT IN ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, THE SWEEPSTAKES PARTIES’ LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF ENTERING AND PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS’ FEES. ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES. For prizes valued at $600 or greater, winner must provide his or her Social Security Number for tax purposes. Prize may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prize are the responsibility of winner.
CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in St. Joseph, MO. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Missouri, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Missouri.
OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNER LIST: These Official Rules and the name of the winner(s) may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to the station’s address available from the contest page with the Sweepstakes name as set forth on the contest page on the outside of the envelope. Limit one (1) request per envelope. Requests must be sent within 60 days of winner(s) selection. These Official Rules supersede all other published editions. Sponsor reserves the right to change, alter, or amend these Official Rules as necessary, in its sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Sweepstakes or to comply with applicable law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.