IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (KIFI/KIDK) - A man who attempted to run away from an Idaho Falls Police traffic stop was arrested after threatening officers with a rifle late Thursday.
According to Police, officers pulled over a vehicle near Broadway and Saturn at 10:27 p.m. Thursday, after the car ran a red light.
The driver, identified as Leonel Arteaga-Casas, 26, of Idaho Falls, accelerated away from the officer and pulled into a driveway in the 1400 block of Albany. Arteaga-Casas ran into the house with the officer in pursuit.
Police said the house was a family home.
Arteaga-Casas grabbed a rifle inside the house and came towards the officer. A woman inside the house took the rifle away from him and the man took off running again. The woman was known to the suspect. It is not known if the gun was loaded.
Additional officers arrived and brought Arteaga-Casas into custody.
He was arrested for aggravated assault on certain personnel (police officers), fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer, assault on certain personnel, battery, and resisting and obstructing an officer.
- Updated Ex-NFL player Rae Carruth to be released from prison
- Updated Far-right parties in Italy and Austria fight for influence in tiny Alpine region
- Updated Trump questions Saudi account on Khashoggi but praises Crown Prince
- Updated Video shows Florida officer hitting 14-year-old twice during arrest
- Updated LA Dodgers down Milwaukee Brewers; Dodgers head to World Series