TWIN FALLS, Idaho (KIFI/KIDK) - Idaho State Police reports a motorcyclist from Kimberly was killed in a crash at the intersection of 3300 E and 3700 N, in Twin Falls County Wednesday around 6:29 a.m. after another driver failed to yield at a stop sign.
Michael W. Mumm, 58, was driving a 2008 Yamaha motorcycle westbound on 3700 N when he struck the driver's side of Cyrus V. Sandmeyer's 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser that was going southbound on 3300 E.
Officials say Sandmeyer failed to yield at a stop sign at the intersection.
Mumm succumbed to his injuries on scene.
Officials say he was not wearing a helmet.
Next of kin has been notified.
The intersection was blocked for approximately two and a half hours.
This crash is under investigation by the Idaho State Police.
- Updated Suspected gunman found dead after University of Utah student slain on campus
- Updated Walmart and Target try to sell better cheap wine
- Updated $1.6 billion Mega Millions jackpot up for grabs Tuesday night
- Updated Erdogan says Khashoggi was victim of 'ferocious' pre-planned murder
- Updated Judge upholds Monsanto verdict, cuts award to $78 million