With a strong cold front on the way, the National Weather Service has issued a Wind Advisory for Wednesday and Thursday.
Wind Advisory, is in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT Wednesday. A
Wind Advisory has also been issued from noon to 9 PM MDT
* IMPACTS/TIMING...Difficult driving conditions for high profile
vehicles and vehicles with trailers due to strong crosswinds,
especially on north-south oriented routes. Patchy blowing dust
will be possible, especially on Interstate 15 north of Idaho
Falls. Strongest winds are expected between 12PM MDT and 9PM MDT
on both Wednesday and Thursday afternoon and early evening.
* WINDS...Southwest to west winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 45
mph expected. Gusts around 55 mph possible across the Arco
* LOCATIONS...Interstate 15 from Pocatello to near Sage Junction,
Highways 20 and 26 between Idaho Falls and Blackfoot to INL,
Highway 39 from American Falls to Blackfoot and surrounding
routes. Burley, American Falls, Pocatello, Blackfoot, Idaho
Falls, Rexburg and surrounding communities.
A wind advisory means that winds of 30 mph are expected. Gusts
over 45 mph are possible. Winds this strong can make driving
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra
WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM TO 9 PM MDT WEDNESDAY...
The National Weather Service in Missoula has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 2 PM to 9 PM MDT Wednesday.
* WINDS...West 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* WHERE...Shoup, Bannock Pass, Highway 28 Tendoy to Lone Pine,
Highway 93 Lost Trail Pass to Gibbonsville, Lemhi Pass, and
* WHEN...From 2 PM to 9 PM MDT Wednesday.
* IMPACTS...Gusty winds will blow around unsecured objects. Tree
limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result.